Russell return ruled out by Grant
DAVID CUFFLEY City boss Peter Grant today rejected stories linking him with a possible move for his former Carrow Road team-mate, Stoke midfielder Darel Russell.
City boss Peter Grant today rejected stories linking him with a possible move for his former Carrow Road team-mate, Stoke midfielder Darel Russell.
Grant has already snapped up Luke Chadwick from Stoke on loan with a permanent move expected in January. Now one national newspaper claims Russell, 26, could return to his former club. Stoke paid the Canaries £125,000 for Russell in the summer of 2003.
Grant said today: "Rusty's done very well, but I've not spoken to him or Stoke."
You may also want to watch:
Russell has just been named the Championship's player of the month for November, scoring twice in November wins at Crystal Palace and Hull, and Stoke are now fifth in the table.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 7 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 9 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship