Runner-up finish for King’s Lynn Stars’ Robert Lambert at British Under-21 final
- Credit: Matthew Usher
King's Lynn Stars' Robert Lambert just missed out on being crowned British Under-21 champion at Coventry last night.
The 17-year-old, making his maiden appearance at the event, stormed through the qualifying heats by recording a 15-point maximum. Yet in a re-run final he couldn't hold off Swindon's Kyle Howarth, 21, who clinched his first title.
Lambert had to make do with second while team-mate Ashley Morris – who crashed and was excluded from the first attempt at running the deciding heat – came fourth. Young Stars duo Tom Stokes (five points) and Josh Bailey (two) also competed.
Full scores: Robert Lambert 15, Kyle Howarth 14, Ashley Morris 12, Max Clegg 12, Stefan Nielsen 11, James Shanes 9, Josh Bates 8, Marc Owen 7, Ben Morley 7, Oliver Greenwood 6, Connor Coles 5, Tom Stokes 5, Connor Mountain 4, Danny Phillips 2, Josh Bailey 2, Ryan Terry-Daley 1, Danny Verge (reserve) 0.
Semi-final: Morris, Nielsen, Shanes, Clegg (FX)
You may also want to watch:
Final: Howarth, Lambert, Nielsen, Morris (FX)
*FX stands for fell and excluded.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk