North Walsham poised for a trip to happy hunting ground of Ruislip
- Credit: Archant
Following their sterling performance in pushing league leaders Chingford all the way last week North Walsham take to the road for a visit to Ruislip.
The Middlesex side currently sit 11th in the London 1N but well clear of the relegation zone having lost their last three games and have not played for nearly a month as their scheduled meeting with Eton Manor last Saturday was postponed.
The Vikings' record against them is good, with wins in four of the last five meetings including a resounding 62-19 win back in September.
As usual the side will show changes from last week. Prop Dane Canning, who made his first start of the season following shoulder surgery and played the full 80 minutes, is unable to travel due to work commitments. Will Swart, back from a trip home, should come in at hooker allowing Tom Browes to move to his more favoured tight head position.
The remainder of the pack could be unchanged although flanker Tom Knight, who was unavailable for the Chingford game, and prop Tim Weber, who proved his fitness with the Raiders, will be in contention.
You may also want to watch:
In the back line coach James Brooks will have a few decisions to make as Mike Braans is not yet back from holiday and Ben O'Hickey is unavailable but wing Tom Younie has recovered from the illness that sidelined him last week but could find a spot on the bench awaits him.
The Raiders, who had a good win at Diss last week, travel to play Norwich Medics in the final game before the fixture list is redrawn. They are likely to have a few changes although if Tim Weber moves up Dane Canning could be his replacement. Hooker Aaron Beaumont is unavailable so the slot could go to either Liam Clarke or long serving Mark McCall.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 10 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
North Walsham Vikings (from): A Downing, T Browes, L Brown-Bates, W Swart, R Oakes, R Miller, T Scotland, E Sampson, W Hodgson, J Duffield, J Knight, H Riley, J Riley, D Smith, T Younie, H Downing, E Sampson, T Knight, W Haynes.
Diss have what looks like a good opportunity to get some points on the board when the welcome Letchworth Garden City to Mackenders. The visitors have lost all but two of their games so far.