Rovers in seventh heaven as they go top
CROWN FIRE CENTRAL & SOUTH NORFOLK LEAGUE: Thetford Rovers Res are the new leaders in Division One, after beating Swaffham Town A 7-1.
Castle Acre Swifts head Division Two following their 4-2 home win over Saham Toney Res and are a point clear of Nostro who won 5-2 at Necton. Shropham Utd beat Hingham Athletic Res 7-0 at home while Hethersett Athletic won 3-1 at Sporle. West End picked up their first points of the season with an only goal of the match success at Wymondham Town A. The two other matches ended as draws - Feltwell Utd and Morley Village scored one apiece while Yaxham and Northwold S&SC shared four goals.
Narborough Res stay top of Division Three although they were held to a 2-2 draw by Breckland Wanderers. North Elmham are second with a 100% record after their 6-1 win at Stoke Ferry and newly promoted Thurton & Ashby have a similar record after winning 5-1 at Great Cressingham. Bawdeswell beat Shipdham Res 4-1 at home while Methwold Rovers ran out 7-0 winners at home to Marham Wanderers. Rockland Utd Res recorded their first win of the season with a 3-1 defeat of Splitz Utd while Gressenhall Res and Wendling took a point each from a 1-1 draw.
In Division Four Rampant Horse ran up the biggest score of the day with a 10-1 home success over Shropham Utd Res and Diss Town A also enjoyed a 9-0 win at Beetley Utd. Weasenham Wanderers picked up their first points with a 3-2 win at North Elmham Res and Scarning Utd beat Tacolneston Res 3-0. The match between Mattishall A and Tugas Utd was abandoned after some 55 minutes because of a serious injury to a Mattishall player.
Most of the First Division teams were engaged in action in the first round of the Norfolk Junior Cup. There were a couple of notable successes with Cranworth winning 3-1 at Mattishall Res, Narborough beating Norwich CEYMS by the only goal of the game and Shipdham beating Gimingham Utd 4-1 at home. In the all-league clash, Rockland Utd won at Bunwell by the odd goal of five. Two teams drew and will have to replay next week – Bridgham Utd drew 1-1 at home to Stalham Town Res while Tacolneston held Ludham to an away draw with the same scoreline.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 4 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 5 Dog dies and another missing after getting lost in snow
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 8 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 9 'Hot-headed' woman drove car over police officer's foot
- 10 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain