Rogers boosts Witchingham
KEITH PEEL Great Witchingham have boosted their Lovewell Blake Norfolk Cricket Alliance championship challenge with a winning draw against their closest rivals. Carl Rogers scored 133 as Witchingham amassed 320 for three at Walcis Park on Saturday against North Runcton, who made 259 for seven in reply.
Great Witchingham have boosted their Lovewell Blake Norfolk Cricket Alliance championship challenge with a winning draw against their closest rivals. Carl Rogers scored 133 as Witchingham amassed 320 for three at Walcis Park on Saturday against North Runcton, who made 259 for seven in reply. Witchingham now head the Premier Division by 20 points from Runcton, with third-placed Norwich & Coltishall Wanderers a further 10 poinst adrift after their 10-wicket win over bottom team Cromer.
Pakistan international Mohammad Wasim (159 not) and Ali Ponder (41 not) steered Wanderers to victory after Cromer had posted 195 for six, with Adrian Buck scoring 70 and Tom Davies 53 not out.
Wasim reached his century in only the 13th over, while Wanderers reached their target in just 25.1 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Downham stay fourth in the table after a winning draw at Old Buckenham, where Sam McLeod was their leading scorer with 69 runs.
Rob Warburton made 61 as Topcroft moved up to fifth with a winning draw against Swardeston, for whom Rob Newman top scored with 52.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 4 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 7 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 8 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release
- 9 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 10 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
Peter Free hit 54 and Steve Goldsmith 48 as Vauxhall Mallards moved up a place to seventh with a 48-run defeat of Beccles, whose 191-run total was dominated by Gavin Ewing's 109 not out.
Sprowston head Division One after a 33-run defeat of previous leaders Acle. Brooke, who beat Diss by four wickets, are second, ahead of Dersingham, winners by seven wickets against Kirkley.
Robert Tooke scored 66 as Diss posted 220 for eight after a dreadful first over which saw them lose three wickets for one run.
Stuart Pritty led Brooke to victory with 95 runs.
Lowestoft crashed to a nine-wicket defeat at Stow, where they were bowled out for 87, with Muza Ali taking five for 20.
Bradfield beat Swardeston A by nine wickets to go top of Division Two ahead of Mattishall, who had a winning draw against Norwich & Coltishall Wanderers A.
Sheringham's lead in Division Three was reduced to 36 points when they lost by three wickets to Horsford, who are now second.