Robin Shute desperate to seize big chance with Stratton Motorsport
- Credit: Archant
Stratton Motorsport has confirmed that it will contest the British GT4 Championship with a twin pronged effort with Norfolk-born Robin Shute and Will Hunholz sharing an ex-works Lotus Evora, while David Tinn and Robin Marriott contest the series in an Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
'Being a Norfolk boy it's great to be running with Stratton Motorsport and the Lotus marque,' said Shute, who moved to California to continue working as a chassis systems engineer several years ago during which time he began racing.
'An impromptu foray in a 25-hour endurance race has given me the bug for GT racing,' he continued.
'I've spent the last couple of years competing around tracks in California in single-seaters, embarrassing some big professional teams along the way.'
Hunholz, Shute's co-driver in the Evora, has a successful record of racing customer GTs in the US with his own SpeedTrixx Motorsport team, but the opportunity to drive, effectively a factory car, in Europe has proved an opportunity too good to miss.
You may also want to watch:
The preparation of Stratton's Evora GT4 will be assisted by Hethel-based Pangean Engineering, Lotus Motorsport and the Lotus Driving Academy.
Stratton Motorsport boss Roger Bennington added: 'We are delighted to bring new drivers to the British GT Championship. We are confident that they can both deliver excellent results with our team's strong professional heritage in motorsport.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
'And as for David and Robin, we are delighted to continue our already fruitful relationship. Following recent tests on the Pirelli tyres we are confident that they can both continue the exceptional progress made last year.'
The Long Stratton-based team's second entry for Tinn and Marriott continues their long and fruitful relation with the Aston Martin marque.
Last year Tinn made a one-off British GT appearance with Stratton Motorsport at the team's home circuit of Snetterton, as part of a toe-in-the-water exercise alongside Jade Edwards. 'Both myself and Robin made huge strides last year with Stratton Motorsport and are very much looking forward to the challenge,' said Tinn.