Robert Taylor quits as Diss Town manager
Robert Taylor has left his post as manager of Diss Town.
Taylor's departure came after the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division strugglers were beaten 2-0 at Woodbridge Town on Saturday.
It was the Tangerines' 10th league defeat of the season and Taylor notified his players of his decision to stand down as manager after the game.
Chairman Richard Upson thanked Taylor 'for his efforts over the last five seasons to return the club back to the Premier Division, which was achieved.
'We all wish Rob well in the future.'
You may also want to watch:
Diss' press officer Tony Collins confirmed that the hunt for a replacement would commence immediately and added: 'We are all as disappointed as Rob is that things have not worked out as well as we had hoped for so far this season.'
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre