King’s Lynn ace Lambert delighted with his racing return
- Credit: IAN BURT PHOTOGRAPHY
King’s Lynn’s Robert Lambert is thrilled to be back racing after making a stunning start to the season.
Lambert based himself in Poland ahead of the coronavirus pandemic sweeping throughout Europe and the Polish League has now started behind closed doors.
That won’t be possible in the UK due to financial reasons and the season will only start here once gatherings in public are permitted by the government.
Lambert notched 14 points for Rybnik and was the shining light in a 53-36 home defeat at the hands of Zielona Gora.
“It’s great to be back racing over here and we go again this weekend,” he said. “I’d like to thank everyone for their support over the last few months.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a shame for the team we couldn’t bring the result home, especially as it was our first home meeting of the season.
“I’d say my own performance was up there with the best I’ve done in the top league in Poland with 14.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 3 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 4 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 5 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 8 Electric scooter riders arrested for drink-driving
- 9 Tiny baby saved by 120-mile flight in 'wrong' helicopter
- 10 Driver may have fallen asleep before fatal crash, inquest hears
“I had bike problems at the start but managed to sort it out and bounce back from that. I was pleased.”
Minors and Brady Stars bosses are awaiting news from the sport’s top table and the government over whether gatherings at sporting events will be possible this season.
Co-promoter Keith Chapman said: “We have to consider other things, like travel for our German guys and Robert in Poland, including the cost of air travel.
“All these things have to be looked at to make a season possible.”