King’s Lynn ace Lambert delighted with his racing return
- Credit: IAN BURT PHOTOGRAPHY
King’s Lynn’s Robert Lambert is thrilled to be back racing after making a stunning start to the season.
Lambert based himself in Poland ahead of the coronavirus pandemic sweeping throughout Europe and the Polish League has now started behind closed doors.
That won’t be possible in the UK due to financial reasons and the season will only start here once gatherings in public are permitted by the government.
Lambert notched 14 points for Rybnik and was the shining light in a 53-36 home defeat at the hands of Zielona Gora.
“It’s great to be back racing over here and we go again this weekend,” he said. “I’d like to thank everyone for their support over the last few months.
“It was a shame for the team we couldn’t bring the result home, especially as it was our first home meeting of the season.
“I’d say my own performance was up there with the best I’ve done in the top league in Poland with 14.
- 1 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 2 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 3 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 5 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 6 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 7 Man in 30s arrested on suspicion of drug dealing in rural village
- 8 Warning after beach-goers hit with parking fines
- 9 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 10 Blaze near children's playground in Norwich believed to be arson
“I had bike problems at the start but managed to sort it out and bounce back from that. I was pleased.”
Minors and Brady Stars bosses are awaiting news from the sport’s top table and the government over whether gatherings at sporting events will be possible this season.
Co-promoter Keith Chapman said: “We have to consider other things, like travel for our German guys and Robert in Poland, including the cost of air travel.
“All these things have to be looked at to make a season possible.”