Richard Bloomfield to defend title of Aegon British Tour event in Easton
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Norfolk number one Richard Bloomfield will defend his men's singles title at the Aegon British Tour event at Easton tomorrow.
The 31-year-old, from Alpington, made it through to the final of his home event earlier today by beating county team-mate Will Davies.
The 16-year-old was beaten 6-3 6-1 by Bloomfield at Easton Tennis Centre, having beaten Luke Stevenson 4-6 6-3 6-2 in the quarter-finals earlier in the day. Bloomfield received a walkover in the quarters. He will face 17-year-old sixth seed James Ling in the final on Saturday morning, which is scheduled for 10am.
Bloomfield went into the tournament in second position in the overall Aegon British Tour leaderboard, the winner of which can win a Wimbledon wildcard.
Former WTA ranked player Helen Parish, from Essex, reached the women's singles final with a 6-3 6-3 victory over Jennifer Timotin in the semi-finals.
You may also want to watch:
The 24-year-old will face Lancashire 16-year-old Lauren Dowling in tomorrow's final – also scheduled for 10am – who beat 20-year-old Lauren Harrington 6-1 6-2 in the semis.
Both men's and women's finals can be watched at Easton Tennis Centre.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low