Reminder to expect the unexpected
WAVENEY VALLEY: Some of the magic in fishing is the anticipation and arrival of the unexpected. This week that was the case for Mr Eke from Chelmsford, caravanning at Nigel Bales' Ellingham Nursery fishery.
Some of the magic in fishing is the anticipation and arrival of the unexpected.
This week that was the case for Mr Eke from Chelmsford, caravanning at Nigel Bales' Ellingham Nursery fishery.
Perhaps the last thing he thought would take his pellet on rod and line was an eel. Even more surprising was the size of the beast from the old part of the lake which put up a monumental struggle. As thick as his arm it was weighed in at 4lb 2oz.
Mr Pinder from Carlton Colville was back at Broome Pits on a day ticket, experiencing some good specimens again from A Pit. This time the bailiffs report a pair of bream at 10lb 15oz and 12lb 3oz were joined by a fantastic best tench so far of 11lb 9oz.
You may also want to watch:
The All England Junior Pole Championships at Farm Shop Lake and Willows Dents Farm, Hilgay saw some teams travelling long distances from Leeds and Farnborough but it was the local side from King's Lynn that took the trophy for this year's competition, finishing on 11 points, well ahead of the following pack led by Suffolk County Red (18) and Nisa Waveney Red (19).
t Open Match Result: Bungay Cherry Tree AC - Melton Ponds. E Davison 74lb 11oz; Roy Chapman 60lb 11oz; Rae Chapman 54lb 12oz
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures