Relegation battle looms
Ipswich 22, Norwich 13: Despite dominating up front, Norwich were beaten outside the scrum by pacy opponents and now need to get back to winning ways quickly to steer clear of relegation.
Ipswich 22, Norwich 13
Despite dominating up front, Norwich were beaten outside the scrum by pacy opponents and now need to get back to winning ways quickly to steer clear of relegation.
Ipswich started brightly and were soon in Norwich territory, where they were awarded a simple penalty which fly-half Sam Corston missed.
Norwich hit back straight away and for 15 minutes played some lovely football without taking a couple of scoring chances, including missing an easy penalty.
You may also want to watch:
Having weathered the storm Ipswich got themselves on to the scoresheet with a well worked try which Corston finished off.
After 35 minutes Josh Ives reduced the arrears with a well taken drop goal and with half-time looming Norwich took the lead when Jon Snowling burrowed over. Alex Campbell had no trouble with the conversion to put Norwich 10-5 ahead. The Norwich line came under intense pressure in the last couple of minutes of the half but the defence was superb and they deserved the lead as the half-time whistle went.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
The second half belonged to Ipswich and they quickly hit back when a penalty was taken quickly and some soft defence saw No 8 Jono Fell score near the posts to give Corston a simple conversion.
Norwich might have scored when they attacked the short side in the Ipswich 22, only for an attempted kick ahead to be scooped up.
Their cause was not helped when second row George Pope was yellow carded. Immediately after this Ipswich scored again when scrum-half Whananhoa Peita went over.
Despite a penalty for Norwich from Campbell with 10 minutes remaining Ipswich wrapped up the game with a try from a line-out touched down by replacement Joshua Todd.
Fakenham 7, Holt 23
Holt recorded their first win at Fakenham's ground to complete the double over their Norfolkneighbours inEastern Counties One.
The visitors took control after falling behind to an interception try which was converted. Two Allen penalties narrowed the gap and then a driving maul saw Child scored one of his typical tries from the base of an ensuing scrum. Allen converted to make it 13-7 at half-time.
Holt stretched their lead when a penalty was taken quickly and Robson finished off the move and, with five minutes left, Robson sped down the wing to score another unconverted try.