Reeve told to get Diss Town out of Thurlow Nunn Premier Division bottom three
- Credit: Archant
New Diss Town boss Mark Reeve says his immediate aim is to preserve the club's Thurlow Nunn Premier Division status.
The basement boys parted company with Mike Derbyshire and his managerial team at the weekend after a miserable run of form saw them win just two of their 17 league matches this season. Their current struggles come after Diss needed a relegation reprieve to hold onto their top-flight status last campaign.
And Reeve – who was first-team coach at the Tangerines under Richard Daniels until the summer of 2013 – knows exactly what is required of him at Brewers Green Lane.
He said: 'It goes without saying. Dick Upson (chairman) wants to be in the Premier Division next season. How we achieve that is ultimately down to me. Can we make things better? And can we improve our results to stay in this division? That's the short-term ambition.'
Diss are nine points from safety as a result of the struggles of former Great Yarmouth Town boss Derbyshire – who only took up the post in March. Reeve, 30, has been snapped up as his replacement little more than four weeks after ending an eight-month tenure at First Division Downham Town.
You may also want to watch:
He left the perennial strugglers in a comfortable mid-table position.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 7 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon