RAF Marham team in TT main event
The Royal Air Force Reserves team based at RAF Marham will be competing in the Blue Riband event, the Senior TT, on the Isle of Man today.
Run by team principal Lee Hardy the team, with the help of Honda Racing UK, signed up Simon Andrews to ride their bike in the Superbike, Superstock 1000 and the Senior TT races.
Andrews has made a remarkable recovery from a serious accident at the Snetterton round of the BSB Championship two years ago that left him with a very badly broken leg.
The team is run by serving RAF and MOD civilians, and includes support from Tim Cowlard of Iceni Motorcycles at Narborough, he has taken time out from running his business to help out during the TT fortnigh,t and Andrew Martin of Mother Hubbard's Fish and Chip shop at Swaffam.
Andrews was in 13th place going into the final lap of the six-lap Superbike TT last weekend before he ran out of fuel, but in the four-lap Superstock 1000 he overcame clutch problems to finish an excellent 11th and took a silver replica.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 9 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success