Prize time in Spillers Dressage Championships at Forest Edge
The Spillers Dressage Championships were held at Forest Edge on Sunday.
Competitors had been attempting to qualify since October at the three levels of Preliminary, Novice and Elementary Dressage.
Championship prizewinners were Jessica Lawrence and Wolfie attaining 69.47pc in the Prelim, Gill Mason and Bombay Blue with 69.58pc in the Novice and Gill Mason also won the Elementary with Greenvale Legacy on 70.31pc. Winners of the additional open classes were Sophie Taylor and Nipper 67pc in the Walk & Trot, Jenny Shaw with Mini 67.72pc in the Prelim and Alice Gresswell and Talyllyn Heledd 65.41pc in the Novice Class.
The last West Norfolk Indoor Horse Driving Trials of the season was held at Forest Edge on Sunday and attracted 24 turnouts. The section points winners were Emily Viller (Club Class), Katy Garrett (Novice Pony), Ginny White (Open Pony), Chris Patrick (Open Horse) and Anna Mann (Multiples). The national finals will be in Bedfordshire later this month.
This weekend there is British Showjumping Seniors on Friday and Saturday with the Rands & Wilson Feeds Showjumping Championship Show on Sunday, starting at 9am.
You may also want to watch:
• Easton College equine students were pipped at the post by half a point at the Hartpury inter college competition last week.
Seven colleges participated. Each rider had ten minutes to work in for the Novice 24 dressage test, four practice fences before show jumping and finally a challenging quiz.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 8 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 9 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000