Pressure may make result tough to call
BETTING: We have reached that point in the campaign where punters start taking greater note of promotion odds. Despite City's recent indifferent form, they are still 21/20 with Totesport to claim the League One title, while sides nearer the foot of the table begin to realise that unless they start accumulating points they are heading for the drop.
We have reached that point in the campaign where punters start taking greater note of promotion odds.
Despite City's recent indifferent form, they are still 21/20 with Totesport to claim the League One title, while sides nearer the foot of the table begin to realise that unless they start accumulating points they are heading for the drop.
It is a situation which can give rise to nervy performances and such a scenario is potentially on offer at Boundary Park tomorrow.
Norwich are 888Sport's clear 10/11 favourites as they face struggling Oldham Athletic at Boundary Park, with the home side quoted at 10/3 by Paddy Power to triumph; Betdaq price the draw at 5/2.
You may also want to watch:
A foregone conclusion then? The home side's league position and less than satisfactory home record would suggest it is, but as they are desperate for points it may not be as straight-forward as some imagine - especially as City have hit a sticky patch of late.
Nonetheless, William Hill's 11/8 for the Canaries to retain a clean sheet has been well backed, as has Partybets' 4/7 for them to open the scoring - though cautious types clearly like Stan James's 5/6 for the match to yield fewer than three goals.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 4 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 9 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 10 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
Elsewhere, bet365's 15/2 for the total goal minutes to be between 110-130 minutes catches the eye, as does Victor Chandler's even money for the opening period to end all square.
Punters expecting this apparently one-sided affair to be much closer than the majority anticipate can get 13/5 (bet365) against City securing victory by a single goal.
More precise folk may prefer Ladbrokes' 6/1 for Norwich to win 1-0, or perhaps even Jaxx.com's 7/1 for them to register a 2-0 victory.
Punters anticipating Norwich to romp home may fancy Betfred's 5/2 for them to win when kicking off with a one goal deficit, although whatever the outcome it is likely that nerves will ensure this duel is considerably closer than many people expect.