Premier League Norwich City solve goalkeeping crisis at non-league King’s Lynn Town
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Teenage Norwich City goalkeeper Ben Killip will gain some non-league experience in order to help King's Lynn Town.
The 18-year-old has joined the Linnets on a work experience deal to assist Gary Setchell's side while shot-stopper Alex Street is suspended. The former Chelsea trainee is set to make his debut at home to Trafford on Saturday and Lynn's boss is thankful for the Premier League club's support in solving his keeper crisis.
Setchell said: 'I've spoken to Ricky Martin (Canaries' academy manager) on a number of occasions over the last couple years and he always said he would help us if he could. I thought I'd give him a ring to sort our keeper situation because if you don't buy a ticket you can't win the raffle.
'They've agreed to let him come for a couple of games which gives me a bit of breathing space. I'm really grateful to Ricky and Norwich City. It's great for a Premier League club to help out a local non-league team in their time of need.'
Street, 22, will miss at least Lynn three matches after picking up a misconduct charge from the sidelines while managing his Sunday team CSKA Emneth. The ban will only be completed when the grassroots outfit have fulfilled two fixtures (from Monday. February 17).
Setchell said: 'Alex has been a very silly boy. But let's not forget he's still a young lad.
'We've all made mistakes when we were young so let's hope Ben can come in and do well and Pedro (Street) gets two CSKA games out of the way as soon as possible.'
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 3 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 6 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 7 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 8 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 9 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 10 Transport plans approved despite 'lack of' climate change measures