Praise for ‘super-sub’ Scott Nicholls as Wolverhampton Wolves travel to King’s Lynn Stars
- Credit: IAN BURT
Super-sub Scott Nicholls has been described as the ultimate professional by Wolverhampton boss Peter Adams ahead of their trip to King's Lynn this evening.
The Coventry man will once again deputise for injured racer Tai Woffinden in Norfolk with the rider-replacement facility covering for Ty Proctor who needs another week on the sidelines.
Nicholls notched 11+1 for Wolves in Monday's thrilling 50-40 win over Lakeside and was an automatic choice for the trip to the Norfolk Arena.
Adams said: 'Scotty is the ultimate professional. He underlined that to us on Monday night. He always gives it his all whoever he is riding for because he is a born racer.
'Proctor needs another few days off so we can operate the rider-replacement facility for him and with Woffinden we don't know how long it will be before he races for us. He's got a serious collarbone injury, you have to remember that.
'I was delighted with the result on Monday, there was some fantastic racing and we did so well to turn it around from what looked like a hopeless situation.
'Hopefully we can go to King's Lynn and keep things close.
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 5 Neighbours describe axe brawl in Norfolk village
- 6 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Man in his 20s dies after hit-and-run
- 8 Crews battle overnight house fire in north Norfolk
- 9 Several roads closed in King's Lynn due to crash and police incident
- 10 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
'We have to target a point and it would be nice just to keep our tally ticking over at the top of the table.'
The Stars are without skipper Mads Korneliussen who is also suffering from a shoulder injury. They will operate R/R for him because new signing Nicklas Porsing doesn't come into the side until later this month.
Wolves sit top of the Elite League table while Rob Lyon's Stars have dropped to fourth. They have lost their last five meetings but have endured a horrible run of injuries.
Lynn: 1 Niels-Kristian Iversen, 2 Rider/Replacement, 3 Simon Stead, 4 Seb Alden, 5 Rory Schlein, 6 Richie Worrall, 7 Andrej Lebedev
Wolves: 1 Freddie Lindgren, 2 R/R, 3 Ricky Wells, 4 Adam Skornicki, 5 Scott Nicholls (Guest), 6 Ludvig Lindgren, 7 Jacob Thorssell.