Poultec Training in Mattishall, King’s Lynn Rotary and King’s Lynn Speedway raise funds to support young speedway riders
- Credit: Poultec Training
A training centre in Mattishall has strengthened its links with its partners in a scheme to support young speedway riders.
Poultec Training joined forces with King's Lynn Rotary Club and King's Lynn Speedway to hold its second annual fundraising event for the Kickstart project.
The event raises funds to support aspiring, young speedway riders with the cost of bikes and equipment during their speedway training programme.
Over 100 guests and professional speedway riders gathered at Timber's Country Lodge in Fincham where they held an auction including items such as a hospitality afternoon in the director's box at Norwich City Football Club, four VIP hospitality tickets and passes to the British Touring Car Championship at Silverstone and a week's holiday in a villa in France.
In the past year the Poultec Speedway Training Programme has achieved accreditation of the Level 2 Diploma in Speedway Business Skills, by awarding body TQUK.
You may also want to watch:
It has also run a successful 10-week 'Go-Moto' project in partnership with Norfolk Constabulary and Norfolk County Council.
The money raised from last year's event has allowed Poultec Training to purchase three speedway bikes - 500cc, 250cc and 150cc - for the young riders on the training programme to use, ride on and maintain in their workshop.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 8 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
The bikes have been used on taster days throughout the past year to raise the profile of speedway and Poultec's training programme.
With the money raised at this year's event Poultec and King's Lynn Rotary Club have allocated funds to support the running costs of the Kickstart bikes purchased last year, as well as support for beginners track training days and development.
Sponsors of the event included A&P Windows, Kings Lynn Stars, Martin Reynolds Construction, Kings Lynn Young Stars, Poultec Training Limited, Plumbase, Morgan Law Insurance Brokers, Glaze Wing, KL Magazine, Roger Warnes, SCL Interiors, 4 Way Refrigeration Ltd, Carter Haulage, Edmundson Electrical, Howdens, MKM Building Supplies, Fujitsu Air Conditioners, Minuteman Press and Adrian Flux.
For more information on the Speedway Rider development programme visit the website www.poultec.co.uk.