Potter Heigham’s Michael High proves star of the show on finals day
- Credit: Archant
Potter Heigham's Michael High was the star player of the day at the Norfolk Bowls Association's Eastern Area finals day at Acle St Edmunds.
High advanced into the county semi-finals to be played next weekend in the senior pairs, champion of champions and the three bowls rink.
High and Robin Monsey took a 23-10 victory over Barney Wymer and Alan Benson-Nutt and saw off David Airey 21-20 in the Champion of Champions.
Alongside Dennis George and Andy Flynn he also beat Michael Blyth, Nigel Rudling and Keith Cutmore in the three bowls rinks.
In the two bowls rinks Gino and Michael Gallant and Gary Hewitt beat John Annis, Andy Siely and Dan Mills 23-9 and the mixed pairs saw a narrow 17-16 win for Lynne Cannel and Bill Downie over Jane Cockrill and Barney Wymer.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Sparrow won the under-25 singles 21-8 against Robert Brooks.
Dan Mills beat Gino Gallant 21-11 in the two bowls singles and Peter Clayton took victory in the Secretaries Cup over Nigel Rudling 21-12.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
Gary Hewitt won the four bowls singles 21-20 over Michael Blyth and Gino Gallant and Gary Hewitt beat John Hudson and Graham Bowgen 19-11.
In the mixed rinks Sheena and Andy Siely and Simon Elliott beat Sandra Faircloth, Michael and Gino Gallant 20-13 whilst in the senior mixed pairs Ken and Ann Tickner beat Pauline Ashby and Jim Harrison 23-22.
All the winners now play in the County semi finals next Sunday at Holt.