Potter Heigham’s Michael High proves star of the show on finals day
- Credit: Archant
Potter Heigham's Michael High was the star player of the day at the Norfolk Bowls Association's Eastern Area finals day at Acle St Edmunds.
High advanced into the county semi-finals to be played next weekend in the senior pairs, champion of champions and the three bowls rink.
High and Robin Monsey took a 23-10 victory over Barney Wymer and Alan Benson-Nutt and saw off David Airey 21-20 in the Champion of Champions.
Alongside Dennis George and Andy Flynn he also beat Michael Blyth, Nigel Rudling and Keith Cutmore in the three bowls rinks.
In the two bowls rinks Gino and Michael Gallant and Gary Hewitt beat John Annis, Andy Siely and Dan Mills 23-9 and the mixed pairs saw a narrow 17-16 win for Lynne Cannel and Bill Downie over Jane Cockrill and Barney Wymer.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Sparrow won the under-25 singles 21-8 against Robert Brooks.
Dan Mills beat Gino Gallant 21-11 in the two bowls singles and Peter Clayton took victory in the Secretaries Cup over Nigel Rudling 21-12.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Gary Hewitt won the four bowls singles 21-20 over Michael Blyth and Gino Gallant and Gary Hewitt beat John Hudson and Graham Bowgen 19-11.
In the mixed rinks Sheena and Andy Siely and Simon Elliott beat Sandra Faircloth, Michael and Gino Gallant 20-13 whilst in the senior mixed pairs Ken and Ann Tickner beat Pauline Ashby and Jim Harrison 23-22.
All the winners now play in the County semi finals next Sunday at Holt.