Poll: As Lewis Hamilton leaves McLaren, Lotus look set to stick with Raikkonen and Grosjean
As British F1 star Lewis Hamilton sets the driver merry-go-round spinning, Lotus team principal Eric Boullier has all but officially confirmed Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean will form his driver pairing for a second season.
Despite Grosjean's recent one-race ban for causing a four-car pile-up at the first corner of the Belgian Grand Prix, the Frenchman has performed admirably in his first full campaign so far, finishing on the podium on three occasions.
As for Raikkonen, on his return to Formula One following a two-year absence, the Finn remains in the championship hunt, 45 points behind Fernando Alonso, even though he has yet to win a race this season. Asked if his driver line-up will be Raikkonen and Grosjean again, Boullier replied: 'I think it will look pretty much the same as what we have this season.
'With Kimi we have a two-year contract, with an option.' It is certain the option will be taken up, in particular given how Raikkonen has performed and appears to be enjoying life with Lotus this season.'
It is former world champion Hamilton's big move from McLaren to Mercedes that has the F1 world talking this morning though.
Do you think he has made the right move? Or do you think he will end up regretting leaving his long-term team? Cast your vote in the pole above.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 3 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 9 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 10 Transport plans approved despite 'lack of' climate change measures