Joy for CoNAC ladies senior team at National Cross Country Championships
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Memorable day for CoNAC ladies' senior team whilst Thetford AC's Ben Peck wins the Under 13 boys' event
The City of Norwich Athletic Club's senior ladies side gained a bronze medal at the National Cross Country Championships held at Harewood Hall, Leeds.
It is the first time CoNAC's ladies have finished on the podium at national level as Iona Lake, Dani Nimmock, Sarah Astin and Mabel Beckett led the team home with a score of 171. A total of 141 teams were represented with Leeds City AC taking the title in first place on 47 with Aldershot Farnham & District second on 50.
Lake and Nimmock finished in 18th and 19th places respectively with the same gun time of 30:15 whilst Sarah Astin was in 41st place in 31:22 with Beckett in 93rd in 32:53.
It was a successful day for CoNAC in the Under 15 Girls event as Grace Jermy (23rd), Alice Daniels (30th), Tia Lily Crane (48th) and Holly Bunn (70th) took second place behind Blackheath & Bromley Harriers AC. North Norfolk Harriers AC's Hattie Reynolds finished an impressive eighth overall.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, CoNAC's Under 13s team of Connie Easter (23rd), Madison Kelly (52nd), Martha Manning (89th), Millie Adams (138th) finished sixth (out of 41 teams).
Individual performance of the day went to Ben Peck of Thetford AC as he won the Under 13 boys event in 9:51 (408 finishers).
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000