Players at a hit parade
More than 150 bowlers competed in this year's Hunstanton and District open tournament at Cliff Parade BC.The event has been running for 26 years and is now attracting players from as far afield as Scotland.
More than 150 bowlers competed in this year's Hunstanton and District open tournament at Cliff Parade BC.
The event has been running for 26 years and is now attracting players from as far afield as Scotland.
"The tournament was first played in 1981 and was the idea of Simon Beales, the then northern area manager of the council," commented Basil Johnson, this year's tournament chairman.
"It was originally set up to attract bowlers and their families to the town."
Open singles - P. Gyton
- 1 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 4 'I can't stop Western Link work starting in my woodland'
- 5 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 6 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 7 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 8 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 9 One in four patients ignored health conditions after failing to see GP
- 10 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
Men's pairs - A Walton, K Frohawk
Ladies' pairs - D Miller, S Ritchie
Mixed pairs - M King, L King
Men's triples - P Hunter, M King, A Walton
Ladies' triples - C Handford, M Clark, D Stapleton
Mixed triples - S Allcock, D Boswell, J Read
Consolation pairs - J Cornhill, R Cornhill
For more information about the competition or to enter next year's event contact Lynne Playford at the borough council's sports development unit on 01553 818015.
Closing date for receipt of entries is April 1, 2008.