Photo gallery: Wroxham have Pride to thank for ‘lucky’ win over Chatham Town in Ryman North
Late strikes from Christy Finch and Remy Gordon saw Wroxham leap back into the play-offs with a somewhat fortunate win, writes Tom Crabb.
The Yachtsmen will count themselves rather lucky to come away with all three points, with Chatham carving out countless opportunities in the second period, only to come up against an inspired Elliot Pride who kept them at bay.
The home side seized the initiative when Jordan King opened the scoring but Joe Loft's controversial equaliser levelled matters before the break.
Pride performed heroics to keep his troops in it and he was rewarded when Finch netted against the run of play late on and Gordon wrapped the win up just four minutes later.
Wroxham: Pride, Taylor, Rust, Hinton (Guyton 70'), Price, Halliday, Garrod (Swatman 79'), White, King (Gordon 63'), Finch, Baker. Goals: King (17), Finch (83), Gordon (87).
Chatham Town: Nicholls, Collins (Mosaku 89'), Benbow, Loft, Hickey, Holder, Tilley, Bingham, Edwards, Carlton (Taylor 56'), McCann. Subs not used: Hawkins, Watson, Kidman. Goal: Loft (34)
Referee: J Steel
- 1 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 6 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 7 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk