Photo gallery: Wroxham have Pride to thank for ‘lucky’ win over Chatham Town in Ryman North
Late strikes from Christy Finch and Remy Gordon saw Wroxham leap back into the play-offs with a somewhat fortunate win, writes Tom Crabb.
The Yachtsmen will count themselves rather lucky to come away with all three points, with Chatham carving out countless opportunities in the second period, only to come up against an inspired Elliot Pride who kept them at bay.
The home side seized the initiative when Jordan King opened the scoring but Joe Loft's controversial equaliser levelled matters before the break.
Pride performed heroics to keep his troops in it and he was rewarded when Finch netted against the run of play late on and Gordon wrapped the win up just four minutes later.
Wroxham: Pride, Taylor, Rust, Hinton (Guyton 70'), Price, Halliday, Garrod (Swatman 79'), White, King (Gordon 63'), Finch, Baker. Goals: King (17), Finch (83), Gordon (87).
You may also want to watch:
Chatham Town: Nicholls, Collins (Mosaku 89'), Benbow, Loft, Hickey, Holder, Tilley, Bingham, Edwards, Carlton (Taylor 56'), McCann. Subs not used: Hawkins, Watson, Kidman. Goal: Loft (34)
Referee: J Steel
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham