Photo gallery: King’s Lynn 2, Coalville 3 (Coalville won 6-2 on agg)

King's Lynn crashed out of the FA Vase today amid ugly scenes at The Walks.

A section of the Coalville dugout was smashed following a nasty exchange between the Ravens' coaching staff and subs after Mat Gardener had struck the visitors' 70th minute match-winner.

Coalville's away support was also detained for 20 minutes inside the ground at full-time to allow the home fans to disperse after the two sets of supporters goaded each other in stoppage time forcing stewards and police to form a barrier at the corner of the Main Stand and Hospital End.

Seconds prior to the late flashpoint, Lynn had been reduced to ten men when Ross Watson received a second yellow card after a thrilling second half comeback from the hosts.

Callum Woodward and Jerome Murdock put Coalville 5-0 up on aggregate in a dominant first half but Robbie Harris struck twice in a minute just prior to the hour mark to revive hopes of an improbable revival.

Lynn still needed three goals in the final 30 minutes to force extra-time but Watson's dismissal ended the comeback.

Town could have no complaints over the duration of the two semi-final ties as the Midlands Alliance outift inflicted a first home defeat on Lynn this season to progress to Wembley next month.

Most Read

Lynn recalled Martin McNeil to partner Watson at centre half in place of Danny Buhlemann with Danny White preferred in central midfield to Kieran Doherty.

Harris also started alongside top scorer Jack Defty with Lynn forced to attack to claw back a 3-0 first leg deficit. Coalville recalled strike duo Matt Moore and two goal hero Murdock after the pair were rested in midweek.

Murdock showed his pace with an early burst down the right channel but McNeil shephered the frontman away from danger. McNeil failed to control Ashley Wells' ball around the corner but Leigh Everitt's driven ball crashed off Murdock's chest and behind. Ryan Robins was upended by Luke Thurlbourne 20 yards out on five minutes - gifting Woodward the chance to smash a deflected strike that wrong-footed Alex Street.

Robins' miscued cross flaoted behind with Coalville dominating the early stages. The nervy Street spilled Moore's hanging cross but Jamie Alsop bailed the keeper out. Jamie Thurlbourne's opening corner was easily cleared near post after Steve Spriggs led the counter but the Ravens' poured forward into the inevitable wide open spaces left by the hosts only for Robins to hammer over,

Spriggs found a sliver of space but again struck a Coalville defender with his cross. Luke Thurlbourne attempted an acrobatic overhead from brother Jamie's free kick but again the avens' defended stoutly.

Sean Bowles reacted sharply to gather Watson's cute flick after Defty's far post header dropped into a crowd scene.

Street had to go full length to parry Murdock's goalbound strike on 26 minutes with Coalville a constant threat on the counter. Bowles punched Defty's looping header away from under his bar after Pat Bexfield offered good support to Spriggs down the productive right.

The pacy Murdock powered through on the half hour mark to slot calmly past Street to effectively kill the tie with Lynn committing men forward at every opportunity.

Murdock was booked for his celebration in front of the home fans with a Coalville pitch invader also led away by security after a couple of exuberant away fans invaded the pitch.

Watson headed over into the delerious away fans stationed behind Bowles' goal shortly after. Lee Miveld wass the fourth visiting player in the referee's book after a ugly lunge left Luke Thurlbourne needing treatment.

The tigerish midfielder then headed a sharp near post chance over in the closing stages of the half.

Moore powered past McNeil on the restart but the Town defender's last ditch touch diverted the bustling striker's hit.

The normally reliable Bowles spilled Spriggs' corner but Everitt was on hand to clear. Harris the arch poacher scrambled one back on 57 minutes after Coalville failed to clear their lines.

Harris drew Town level on the day a minute later when Jamie Thurlbourne's rocket struck the base of Bowles' right-hand post but Harris was on hand to slam home.

McNeil then headed at Bowles from Jamie Thurlbourne's inswinging free kick with the ground reverberating to huge noise from the home fans.

Town were reduced to ten men on 60 minutes when Watson picked up his second yellow in the space of two minutes for a pull back on Anthony Carney. Gardner sidefooted a killer third from Coalville's next attack after Moore held off McNeil to pick out the substitute.

Ugly scenes ensured in the aftermath when Coalville's substitutes and coaching staff became embroiled in a verbal exchange with home fans stood around the away dugout.

A plastic panel on top of the dugout was smashed in the fracas but after a delay of approximately five minutes the match resumed. Moore's challenge on McNeil right in front of the dugouts triggered another minor spat on 88 minutes between both sets of coaching staff as the semi-final ended in acrimony. Luke Thurlbourne's dipping free kick flew wide but the referee biefly paused the game again with both sets of supporters goading each other in the corner of the Main Stand and the Hospital End before stewards and police separated the two opposing groups at the start of six minutes of stoppage time.

King's Lynn: Street, Bexfield (Bacon 56), Alsop, McNeil, Watson, L Thurlbourne, White (Doherty 56), Spriggs, J Thurlbourne, Defty, Harris. Subs (not used): Buhlemann, C Defty, Hails.

Bookings: Spriggs, Watson

Sending off: Watson

Goals: Harris (57, 59)

Coalville: Bowles, Everitt, Brown, Goodby, Costello, Miveld, Woodward, Wells (Attwood 90), Moore, Murdock (Gardner 62), Robbins (Carney 45). Subs (not used): Stuart, Williams.

Bookings: Murdock, Robins, Wells, Miveld, Moore

Goals: Woodward (6), Murdock (30), Gardner (70)

Referee: D Whitestone (Northants)

Attendance: 2,354