Photo galleries: Forgettable match at Bradford Park Avenue lit up by Lowestoft Town’s late equaliser

Richard Marshall of Bradford Park Avenue skips over a tackle from Sam Gaughran of Lowestoft Town dur

Richard Marshall of Bradford Park Avenue skips over a tackle from Sam Gaughran of Lowestoft Town during the Conference North match at Horsfall Stadium, BradfordPicture by Richard Land/Focus Images Ltd +44 7713 50700321/02/2015 - Credit: Richard Land/Focus Images Ltd

As unpredictable as football is, some days you have a pretty good idea of what you are going to get.

When Lowestoft Town arrived at the Horsfall Stadium in Bradford to face a side fighting to avoid relegation they would have expected a battle.

When players and staff felt the strong wind and saw the awful state of the pitch they knew it was going to be a tough afternoon.

But what they did not count on was such an awful start to the game.

However, you can always predict Town's never-say-die spirit and they needed every ounce to come away with a deserved point.

Eventually, Bradley Woods-Garness' late strike capped the Blues' fightback, after they conceded a goal in the second minute of a match low on quality but high on endeavour.

It appeared some of Town's players still had their minds on other things when they surrendered a soft goal little more than a minute into the game.

Most Read

Bradford Park Avenue's Sam Patterson exchanged passes with Chib Chilaka on the edge of the box before firing low beyond Ashlee Jones. It was a desperate start for the Trawlerboys and they never got going in a dour first half.

But they were given more of a chance thanks to the stupidity of home midfielder Jamie Price.

After a booking for a coming together with Rossi Jarvis in the fifth minute, Price lunged in at Adam Smith 15 minutes later.

He was late and high and left referee Scott Oldham little choice but to produce a second yellow and then a red. Yet playing against 10 did not seem to spark the visitors into life and it took a half-time talking to, to get them going.

Suddenly they looked dangerous and started to play good football – as far as the conditions would allow.

Striker Jake Reed burst into life and had three decent opportunities to level the game. The first two chances were tough, but the third should have seen the Blues back on level terms.

Reed brilliantly controlled Jones' long punt from the back, but with just home keeper John Danby to beat, he fired over with the goal at his mercy.

Park Avenue nearly made the Trawlerboys pay, despite their numerical disadvantage, but Chilaka could only head Alex Pursehouse's cross at Jones from four yards out.

Town threw on Chris Henderson, Woods-Garness and Dawid Radomski as they piled forward, but it looked like they would come up short, until the fifth minute of added time.

Jack Ainsley's free-kick was cleared to the edge of the box and although Robert Eagle could not fashion room for a shot he nudged the ball to Woods-Garness. From the edge of the box, the forward found enough power to beat Danby via the foot of his right-hand post.

It was the final kick of a forgettable game lit up only by the delight of the travelling players, fans and management at the final outcome.