Peterborough swoop for Bishop’s Stortford striker
Peterborough United have secured the signing of Kyle Vassell from Bishop's Stortford for an undisclosed fee.
The 20-year-old has signed a two and a half-year contract with Posh but won't be involved in this evening's Johnstone's Paint Trophy Southern Section quarter-final against Dagenham & Redbridge due to a dead leg.
Vassell, who has netted 16 goals for Stortford already this season, linked up with his new team-mates yesterday morning and is confident of making the most out of his opportunity in the Football League.
'I know I've got to work hard and keep the same focus that I had at Stortford,' he told the club's official website. 'I just have to be the same person as I have been there and hopefully it will pay off.'
Former Brentford trainee, Vassell, got his career back on track during his time with Stortford after several short stints with several other non league sides including Woking and St Albans. However, he was always confident that if he is played through the middle then he will score goals.
You may also want to watch:
'Sometimes you have to go down (the divisions) and humble yourself but I worked hard and now hopefully it's paying off.
'I feel it's been a long time coming – I've always said when I play down the middle that I score goals. I've been at a few teams in non league and I've been pushed out wide and it hasn't worked out. At Stortford and I'm always comfortable with the ball in front of goal.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
Meanwhile, Lee Tomlin has been handed an additional one-match ban for his reaction to being sent off in the defeat to Colchester last month. The 24-year-old playmaker will miss Posh's League One clash away at Walsall on Monday, November 18.