Peter Todd to move from London Club to take on key role at Royal Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Royal Norwich Golf Club's move from its traditional base at Hellesdon to a new course at Weston Park has taken another significant step forward with the appointment of an estate manager to oversee the project.
Having worked most recently at the London Club, Peter Todd brings more than 25 years of golf course management experience to the club, and will have a key role as a new lay-out takes shape in the Norfolk countryside.
'We are truly delighted Peter has agreed to join us and to lead the estate team, not just for the construction and growing-in period of our new course and facilities at Weston Park, but thereafter as well,' said Royal Norwich chairman David Coventry,
'Peter is one of the most respected golf course and estates managers in the country and his appointment sends a strong message that our intention to build a benchmark course and club is not just marketing speak, but a serious objective that will become even clearer in the months to come. We could not wish for a stronger top professional team.'
Todd worked on the construction of the Nicklaus Ryder Cup PGA Centenary course at Gleneagles before joining the London Club in 1992 where he currently manages two championship courses.
You may also want to watch:
He has been involved in course preparation for various top professional events, including the Volvo World Match Play, the European Open and the London Seniors Masters.
The new arrival, who will be taking a seat of the club's board of directors while also assisting Phil Grice in the general management of the business, said he was excited to be coming to Norfolk.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
'Rarely are new golf courses built in the UK on such a great piece of land - a gently undulating 18th century parkland landscape, featuring free draining soils and mature trees. I could see from the very first time I walked on to the site that these courses could be something special.'
Todd will be taking up his role in July at the expiry of his current notice period.
The club recently announced the £17m sale of its Hellesdon course to Persimmon Homes in preparation for its move to its new site at Weston Park, with a view of opening in early 2019.