Perfect day for Beccles
Beccles Amateur Sailing Club enjoyed the fantastic conditions on Saturday.
By the start of the first race a nice southerly breeze had come up enabling a good beat up to the windward bridge mark and a long run down to a gybe at four.
Race one in the Winter Tankard had Mark Langston in his Streaker keep the lead Enterprises close enough to win on handicap, with only ten seconds between Richard Deller and Rory Kelsey for second and third.
An unfortunate collision with a Topper sent Mike and Shirley Roll in Arapaho back to the bank before the start of race two.
Deller and Baylis in Cuddles made the best of the start and were way ahead when Langston and team Curtis in Enterprise Polyarchy, whilst running between two and three, became entangled with an out of control Xenon sending them in a spin and out of the running.
Rowan Curtis in Topper Animal maintained his Tann Trophy lead over rival Elena Edwards by winning race one but Edwards kept the pressure on with race two honours.
Billy Folkard brushed off an incident with two Enterprises in the first race of the Cinnabar Trophy to take the bell, followed by another race two win for George Curtis in Optimist Bittern.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 6 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 7 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 8 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 9 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds