Perfect day for Beccles
Beccles Amateur Sailing Club enjoyed the fantastic conditions on Saturday.
By the start of the first race a nice southerly breeze had come up enabling a good beat up to the windward bridge mark and a long run down to a gybe at four.
Race one in the Winter Tankard had Mark Langston in his Streaker keep the lead Enterprises close enough to win on handicap, with only ten seconds between Richard Deller and Rory Kelsey for second and third.
An unfortunate collision with a Topper sent Mike and Shirley Roll in Arapaho back to the bank before the start of race two.
Deller and Baylis in Cuddles made the best of the start and were way ahead when Langston and team Curtis in Enterprise Polyarchy, whilst running between two and three, became entangled with an out of control Xenon sending them in a spin and out of the running.
You may also want to watch:
Rowan Curtis in Topper Animal maintained his Tann Trophy lead over rival Elena Edwards by winning race one but Edwards kept the pressure on with race two honours.
Billy Folkard brushed off an incident with two Enterprises in the first race of the Cinnabar Trophy to take the bell, followed by another race two win for George Curtis in Optimist Bittern.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000