Perfect 10 for the high-flying King’s Lynn Stars
- Credit: IAN BURT
Rob Lyon was delighted by King's Lynn's latest win last night but admitted he was more concerned by the injuries to two riders who left the Norfolk Arena in ambulances.
His guest, and Young Star, Darren Mallett and Coventry Bees' Jason Garrity were taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital as a result of a sickening crash in heat nine. And even though the Stars went on to win 54-35 to extend their lead at the top of the Elite League table, Lyon's thoughts were with the pair at the end of the meeting.
Lynn's team boss, whose side have won their last 10 fixtures in a row, said: 'First and foremost let's hope they both come through ok. It was a nasty crash. Hopefully it's not too serious.
'But that apart, it was another terrific performance from everybody, it was a great team performance.'
Mallett injured his pelvis and shoulder while Garrity suffered a suspected concussion. The pair's conditions were deemed to be not too serious as they left Saddlebow Road.
You may also want to watch:
'It is exciting, but if you were looking at a league with no play-offs we'd be getting excited about standing a chance of winning the league,' added Lyon, whose men lead the standings by 10 points.
'We've got 36 so I think we'll need another 14 to make the play-offs. We'll take it from there. It's a bizarre situation but it's all about getting in that top four.'
- To read a match report and see a gallery of Ian Burt's photos from last night's meeting click here.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid