Pedlars out of cup
Thetford Town 2 Swaffham Town 1
In the Norfolk Senior Cup third round, a first-minute penalty decision sealed the fate of the Pedlars.
The penalty converted, both teams settled, but neither looked as if they were going to get into further scoring opportunities. The visitors looked strongest from corner set pieces, Swaffham struggling to clear. The Pedlars looked composed on the break, but failed to complete the moves to test the keeper.
Thetford made it two in the 58th minute, Craig Burton scoring a consulation for Swaffham in the 80th minute. The few opportunities by either side were adequately dealt with by each keeper. Dean Mayes made the best save of the afternoon, blocking a volley, forcing the shot over for a corner.
On Thursday, Swaffham Under 18 play Watton at Shoemakers Lane 7.45 kick off, in the first group qualifying of the Eastern Junior Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Next weekend, Swaffham first team travel to Gorleston for their Ridgeons League tie, 3pm kick off. The Reserves are at home to Hellesdon in the second round of the Cyril Ballyn Trophy, kick off 1.30 pm. The A Team are also at home, hosting Cockers, 3pm kick-off.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 6 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 7 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 8 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk