Pedlars out of cup
Thetford Town 2 Swaffham Town 1
In the Norfolk Senior Cup third round, a first-minute penalty decision sealed the fate of the Pedlars.
The penalty converted, both teams settled, but neither looked as if they were going to get into further scoring opportunities. The visitors looked strongest from corner set pieces, Swaffham struggling to clear. The Pedlars looked composed on the break, but failed to complete the moves to test the keeper.
Thetford made it two in the 58th minute, Craig Burton scoring a consulation for Swaffham in the 80th minute. The few opportunities by either side were adequately dealt with by each keeper. Dean Mayes made the best save of the afternoon, blocking a volley, forcing the shot over for a corner.
On Thursday, Swaffham Under 18 play Watton at Shoemakers Lane 7.45 kick off, in the first group qualifying of the Eastern Junior Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Next weekend, Swaffham first team travel to Gorleston for their Ridgeons League tie, 3pm kick off. The Reserves are at home to Hellesdon in the second round of the Cyril Ballyn Trophy, kick off 1.30 pm. The A Team are also at home, hosting Cockers, 3pm kick-off.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules