Pawel Guziejko resigns as Downham Town manager
Pawel Guziejko has resigned as manager of Downham Town after a poor start to the season.
Downham have lost all three of their Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties First Division matches so far, prompting the former Wroxham boss to stand down.
'I hand out my resignation to the board today and I'd like to thank all involved tor last 18 months of work,' Guziejko said in a statement on the west Norfolk club's website. 'I wish the club all the best in future and hope they will be successful.
'We have had quite a successful period with the club, lost only 15 our of 40 games last season and landed a safe mid-table finish.
'I do hope now a new management team will continue to do good work and see the club going forward and being successful.'
You may also want to watch:
The former Reepham boss and Diss Town assistant was appointed in December 2015 and steered Downham to 16th with three wins in 18 games, then to 14th last season with 13 wins in 40 games.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 3 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 4 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 5 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 6 Man seriously injured after crash
- 7 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 8 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 9 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 10 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich