Pawel Guziejko resigns as Downham Town manager
Pawel Guziejko has resigned as manager of Downham Town after a poor start to the season.
Downham have lost all three of their Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties First Division matches so far, prompting the former Wroxham boss to stand down.
'I hand out my resignation to the board today and I'd like to thank all involved tor last 18 months of work,' Guziejko said in a statement on the west Norfolk club's website. 'I wish the club all the best in future and hope they will be successful.
'We have had quite a successful period with the club, lost only 15 our of 40 games last season and landed a safe mid-table finish.
'I do hope now a new management team will continue to do good work and see the club going forward and being successful.'
You may also want to watch:
The former Reepham boss and Diss Town assistant was appointed in December 2015 and steered Downham to 16th with three wins in 18 games, then to 14th last season with 13 wins in 40 games.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars