Out-of-sorts Wroxham look to ease Ryman League drop fears
- Credit: Archant copyright 2011
Wroxham will be looking to end their recent winless streak as they travel to 19th-placed Brentwood Town tomorrow.
The Yachtsmen haven't tasted victory in the league since a 4-2 win over Tilbury on February 15, with six defeats and a draw from their previous seven games dropping them deeper into the Ryman Division One North relegation battle. And with other sides around them picking up points rapidly, Pawel Guziejko's men find themselves dangerously close to the bottom three, sitting just two places and one point above the drop zone in what is promising to be a nervy run in.
Brentwood – on the other hand – have pulled themselves clear from danger with a five game unbeaten run, sitting just one place but six points ahead of Wroxham and still with a game in hand.
The Yachtsmen will need to go against the form book if they are to get anything from the game, with just 10 points to their name away from home all season, the second worst in the league.
And a 4-1 home defeat in the reverse fixture back in November will do nothing to inspire confidence for a Wroxham side fighting for their Ryman League status.
You may also want to watch:
Guziejko has a near full squad to choose from, with Ross Durrant the only absentee through injury.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 9 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk