Orford has been a disappointment
SEA FISHING: More of the same this week for the region's beaches, there seems to be a liberal smattering of undersize codling with the obligatory pin whiting and dabs.
Orford has been something of a disappointment so far this season. A dozen members of East Coast Danglers and Eastern Anglers went over to fish a friendly match at the narrows. There was a pot for the biggest codling which turned out to be a pretty little thing of 29cm.
At the other end of the region, Holt SAC fished the latest round of their winter accumulator at Salthouse. After failing to make the frame the previous match Tony Thomas bounced back into form with 2lb 11oz of shingle flatties giving him a win by 9oz over second-placed Pete Morse.
Sam Attew came in third with 13oz, with only two matches left of the series, it's looking tight and all eyes will be on Kelling next Sunday, March 6.
East Norfolk has produced a few fish, along with those better codling that have shown at the wreck at Gorleston, a few nice fish came off Cromer pier during the recent rough weather.
You may also want to watch:
One lucky rod had three nice fish between 2 and 3lb when most of the surrounding beaches were all but unfishable in the biting northeast wind.
With the wind in that quarter most of this week I think there's a fair chance from any of the beaches between Yarmouth and Cromer, I'll certainly be looking to have a go this week.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 7 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
Further south to Hopton, Corton and Lowestoft and it has been a tale of odd better fish amongst the codlets and whiting. Jamie Bale managed a few codlets at Hopton in a nicely coloured sea.
South of Lowestoft and it's a similar story with only occasional good fish reported amongst the codlets and whiting though if we are to have any kind of spring run I would think this area will receive its fair share of fish.
There's also still plenty of time for Aldeburgh and Orford to spring back into life, keep an eye out for some southerly airflow to coincide with the bigger tides.
There's a four match series coming up to support the Help for Heroes charity, the qualifying matches will be fished at Felixstowe, Dunwich and Kelling on March 20, April 24 and May 22 respectively.