NWGFL round-up: Bungay Town Ladies move to within a point of top spot
- Credit: Archant
Bungay Town Ladies move to within a point of top spot in Division One of the Norfolk Women's & Girls' League thanks to a 5-0 win at Long Stratton Ladies.
Sam Walker opened the scoring with an excellent long range shot but only Nicky Hazell also found the net in the first half.
Bungay found the heavy bumpy pitch hard to play their normal passing game on and struggled again in the second half but Selina Rowland ran through to beat the excellent Long Stratton keeper who was the main reason for keeping the score down and finally Nicky Hazell finished two more chances to complete the scoreline.
Bungay moved up to second thanks to their victory to set up a top-of-the-table clash against Sprowston Ladies on Sunday.
Amii Andrews was on target for Stalham Town Ladies as they drew 1-1 against Wymondham Town Ladies Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Two Tavern Ladies consolidated third spot with a 4-1 win at Freethorpe Ladies. Sophie Fuller and Lucy Kean both bagged braces for Tavern, who are without a game this weekend. Freethorpe's goal came through Rebecca White.
In the seven-a-side division Costessey Sports Ladies ran out 8-0 winners over Red Rose Ladies.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab