NWGFL round-up: Bungay Town Ladies move to within a point of top spot
- Credit: Archant
Bungay Town Ladies move to within a point of top spot in Division One of the Norfolk Women's & Girls' League thanks to a 5-0 win at Long Stratton Ladies.
Sam Walker opened the scoring with an excellent long range shot but only Nicky Hazell also found the net in the first half.
Bungay found the heavy bumpy pitch hard to play their normal passing game on and struggled again in the second half but Selina Rowland ran through to beat the excellent Long Stratton keeper who was the main reason for keeping the score down and finally Nicky Hazell finished two more chances to complete the scoreline.
Bungay moved up to second thanks to their victory to set up a top-of-the-table clash against Sprowston Ladies on Sunday.
Amii Andrews was on target for Stalham Town Ladies as they drew 1-1 against Wymondham Town Ladies Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Two Tavern Ladies consolidated third spot with a 4-1 win at Freethorpe Ladies. Sophie Fuller and Lucy Kean both bagged braces for Tavern, who are without a game this weekend. Freethorpe's goal came through Rebecca White.
In the seven-a-side division Costessey Sports Ladies ran out 8-0 winners over Red Rose Ladies.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer