NWGFL: Bungay Town and Thorpe United amongst the goals in League Cup ties
- Credit: Archant
It was League Cup action for teams in the Norfolk Women's and Girls' League last weekend.
Bungay Town Ladies secured their place in the next round courtesy of a 10-0 win at home against Freethorpe Ladies. Nicola Hazell grabbed a hat-trick whilst Becky Hills and Emily Leach also bagged braces. Selina Rowland, Samantha Walker and Eva Evans were also on the scorehsheet.
It was raining goals in the tie between Gorleston Rangers Ladies and Thorpe United - although all in one direction as United ran out 22-0 winners. Shanice Sutton was amongst the goals, netting eight, whilst Leanne Ferdani (five), Rebekah Lake (three) and Lisa Ferdani (two) also got in on the act. Sharnie Boast, Laura Hedtke, Aneliese Smith and Edie Wright were also on the scoresheet.
Stalham Town Ladies moved into the next round courtesy of a 2-1 win over Sprowston Ladies FC. Amii Andrews and Marie Meale doing the damage for Stalham whilst Victoria Leyer netted a consolation for Sprowston.
In the seven-a-side league Morley Ladies and Briston Wanderers Ladies fought out a goalless draw.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 6 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 7 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 8 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 9 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 10 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release