Norwich will have big point to prove against Diss
- Credit: Andy Micklethwaite
Norwich play host to Diss in the Woodfordes Norfolk Cup semi-finals tomorrow, a week after suffering a 36-7 defeat at their hands in a league game in London 2NE.
Norwich were without several players last week through injury and unavailability and this time field a slightly different side.
Matt Girling returns at hooker and Pip Scott and Matt Selby are the props. With Stu Seppings and Si Darby having both picked up injuries last week, Chris Drohan joins captain Gareth Leake in the second row and Dave Micklethwaite returns at seven. In the backs, Jonny Wheater comes back at fly-half and Callum MacAulay is on one wing with Jordan Tucker on the other. Pete Hosking and George Pope are the front row replacements.
Norwich will be hoping that the return of some of their players and the home advantage will boost their chances to make an exciting match after a very creditable first half performance last week which restricted Diss to just five points, followed a poor second half as Diss played an expansive game.
Coach Jonny O'Brien said: 'We haven't played as well as we can in either of the games against Diss this season but this game gives us a great opportunity to put that right with a good performance in front of the penultimate home crowd of the season.'
You may also want to watch:
Director of Rugby David Everitt added: 'It has been many years since Norwich got through to a Norfolk Cup final. We are not going to be promoted or relegated so this is something positive for the players to focus on. We are taking this cup game seriously.'
Kick-off tomorrow is at 3pm.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover