Norwich United star to meet goal-scoring rival at Godmanchester Rovers
The two highest scorers in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division will face off this evening when champions Norwich United travel to Godmanchester Rovers.
The Planters sealed the Eastern Counties top-tier title earlier this month and need just two points from their final two games to become the first team to reach 100 points in the division since Lowestoft Town in 2009.
Godmanchester are in pole position to finish as runners-up but are 26 points adrift of Norwich – despite having the league's top goal-scorer.
Tom Meechan has scored 32 league goals for Rovers so far this season and has been swapping top spot in the goal-scoring charts with Norwich striker Matt Blake, who has scored 30.
In all competitions the pair have scored even more, Meechan with 48 in 45 games and former Thetford Town striker Blake with 41 in 50.
You may also want to watch:
That rivalry is renewed in Cambridgeshire tonight (7.45pm kick-off), with the Planters also needing just one goal to make it a century of league goals during their all-conquering season as well.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 8 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 9 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 10 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake