Norwich United set to try again in FA Vase while six clubs gear up for Norfolk Senior Cup action
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Norwich United will make a second attempt at staging their FA Vase clash against Hullbridge Sports this evening.
The Planters, the only remaining Norfolk non-league side who can still dream of reaching a Wembley final this season, saw Saturday's original effort fall foul of the wet weather. They'll try again tonight as they look to set up a home clash against Stanway Rovers in the third round on Saturday, December 12.
Essex Senior League Premier Division Sports appear to be far from pleased about making a midweek trip to Norfolk – weather permitting – suggesting on Twitter it would have been fairer to play the game on Saturday.
Elsewhere, King's Lynn Town Reserves and Wroxham will be hoping the rain stays away so they can finally play their home Norfolk Senior Cup fourth round matches. The Linnets are scheduled to welcome Downham Town while the Yachtsmen entertain Great Yarmouth Town.
The latter's joint-boss Martyn Sinclair said: 'Wroxham are two levels higher than us but we don't want to go there and get embarrassed.
You may also want to watch:
'If we leave players out that could happen – which is no good for anybody. We'll put out the strongest side we can, try and put on a show, and not lose the game. It's a bit of a free game really because if we win it's a real bonus and if we come away with a defeat most people obviously expected us to lose.'
Diss Town are set to host Dereham Town in the same knockout competition while in the Suffolk Premier Cup quarter-finals Lowestoft Town travel to Haverhill Rovers.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison