Norwich United look to strengthen glory charge against Thetford Town in Thurlow Nunn League Cup
- Credit: Archant
Norwich United can boost their hopes of doing the double tonight as the Thurlow Nunn League Cup takes centre stage.
The Premier Division leaders – nine points clear at the summit of the top flight – are among the favourites to lift the Eastern Counties' premiere knockout competition.
And after seeing off Dereham Town Reserves during the last stage, Damian Hilton's impressive charges will be looking to make Thetford Town their latest victim in this evening's second-round fixture.
The Planters hammered Ely City 7-0 on Saturday while Thetford, who disposed of Great Yarmouth Town to set up their daunting test, lost 3-2 at second-placed Godmanchester Rovers.
The winner of the clash between United and the Brecklanders will host either Saffron Walden Town or Newmarket Town in the quarters.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, basement boys Diss Town welcome Kirkley & Pakefield. Diss lost 5-1 at Walsham-le-Willows at the weekend while Kirkley, eighth, were beaten 2-1 at Brantham Athletic.
The reward on offer for progression is a home last-eight clash against either Hadleigh United or Stanway Rovers.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 6 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 7 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 8 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash