Norwich United look to stop the rot against Bury Town
Manager Steve Eastaugh has called up defenders Josh Carus and Marley Flute as he looks to halt Norwich United's disappointing start to the season when they host Bury Town on Tuesday evening (kick-off 7.45pm).
The Planters have lost their opening five Bostik League North Division games despite a promising pre-season as well as going out of this season's FA Cup at the first hurdle. Their latest defeat, 4-1 at Maldon & Tiptree on Saturday, saw Nathan Stewart pull one back just after half-time to reduce the arrears to 2-1, but any thoughts of a comeback were soon dismissed when the Jammers regained their two-goal advantage just four minutes later.
Tuesday's visitors to Plantation Park will be a tough proposition, although the Planters doubled the Blues last season. Saturday saw them hit six goals for the second time this season in a 6-1 win at home to Tilbury. United will be hoping for a repeat of last season's 3-0 home win though as they try to kick-start the new season.
- 1 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 2 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 3 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 4 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 5 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 6 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 7 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 8 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 9 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 10 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls