Norwich United look to stop the rot against Bury Town
Manager Steve Eastaugh has called up defenders Josh Carus and Marley Flute as he looks to halt Norwich United's disappointing start to the season when they host Bury Town on Tuesday evening (kick-off 7.45pm).
The Planters have lost their opening five Bostik League North Division games despite a promising pre-season as well as going out of this season's FA Cup at the first hurdle. Their latest defeat, 4-1 at Maldon & Tiptree on Saturday, saw Nathan Stewart pull one back just after half-time to reduce the arrears to 2-1, but any thoughts of a comeback were soon dismissed when the Jammers regained their two-goal advantage just four minutes later.
Tuesday's visitors to Plantation Park will be a tough proposition, although the Planters doubled the Blues last season. Saturday saw them hit six goals for the second time this season in a 6-1 win at home to Tilbury. United will be hoping for a repeat of last season's 3-0 home win though as they try to kick-start the new season.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham