Norwich United get the chance to do it all again in the FA Cup against Barwell
- Credit: Archant
Norwich United will be in the hat for today's FA Cup third qualifying round draw after gaining an impressive draw at Barwell.
The Planters will bring the Leicestershire outfit back to Plantation Park tomorrow night for a replay and hopes of an upset will be high against opponents who play two levels above them.
Barwell, who play in the same division as King's Lynn Town, had long periods of pressure but Damian Hilton's men refused to buckle and thoroughly deserve their chance to finish the job in front of their own fans.
The Planters remain in second place in the Premier Division of the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties League, as third-placed Newmarket were held to a 2-2 draw against Ipswich Wanderers.
The Planters are four points behind leaders Hadleigh with a game in hand after the reigning champions hammered hapless Diss Town 8-0.
You may also want to watch:
Kirkley & Pakefield made it three wins in a row in all competitions as a Kyle Baker hat-trick gave the Royals victory at home to Stanway Rovers.
Gorleston sit in fourth but will be frustrated not to have secured all three points at Haverhill Rovers after surrendering a 2-0 lead.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
Keegan Middleton got the Greens off to the perfect start with a penalty after five minutes before Chris Sandford doubled the visitors' lead midway through the first half.
Haverhill rallied though and goals from Nick Wilderspin and Dan Cornwell ensured a share of the spoils.
Thetford Town fell to a disappointing 4-0 defeat at home to Brantham whilst Fakenham drew 0-0 at Wivenhoe.
Swaffham Town continued their superb start to the season in the First Division courtesy of a 2-1 win at home to Debenham LC as Joe Jackson bagged a brace.
Great Yarmouth Town youngster Connor Deeks grabbed the winner as the Bloaters beat AFC Sudbury Reserves 2-1.
King's Lynn Town Reserves won 4-1 against Stowmarket whilst Dereham Town Reserves lost to Saffron Walden 2-0.
Donwham Town claimed a 2-1 victory over high-flying Long Melford thanks to David Coyle's double.