Norwich United slip deeper into trouble at the bottom
- Credit: Archant
Norwich United were beaten in their crucial six-pointer at Romford, a result which leaves the Planters level on points with their opponents with just five games remaining.
The Planters had started on the front foot and just six minutes in Andy Eastaugh rose to meet a left-wing corner but his header was brilliantly tipped over by home keeper Rob Budd.
Romford took the lead in the 21st minute when Carlos Djalo Oso rifled a shot into the far top corner giving Andy Wilton no chance. This seemed to knock the stuffing out of the Planters but they started the second half strongly only to concede when Djalo Oso outran the defence to rifle inside the near post.
Ernest Okoh completed the victory 15 minutes from time when he floated in a shot from an acute angle on the right to give Romford – who occupy the only relegation place – the points and the impetus going into the final weeks.
Romford: Budd, Nzengo, Mvemba, Potter, Okoye, Cossington (Akpele 79), Olukoga, Taylor (Heather 62), Reynolds, Djalo Oso, Okoh (Marfo 88). Unused subs: Gjini, Onokwai.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich United: Wilton, Applegate, Brown (Rose 81), Wones, Eastaugh, Watts, Mackie, Jones, Stewart, Blake (Oliver 54), Jackson (Carey 74). Unused subs: Barker, Johnson.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid