Norwich United slip deeper into trouble at the bottom
- Credit: Archant
Norwich United were beaten in their crucial six-pointer at Romford, a result which leaves the Planters level on points with their opponents with just five games remaining.
The Planters had started on the front foot and just six minutes in Andy Eastaugh rose to meet a left-wing corner but his header was brilliantly tipped over by home keeper Rob Budd.
Romford took the lead in the 21st minute when Carlos Djalo Oso rifled a shot into the far top corner giving Andy Wilton no chance. This seemed to knock the stuffing out of the Planters but they started the second half strongly only to concede when Djalo Oso outran the defence to rifle inside the near post.
Ernest Okoh completed the victory 15 minutes from time when he floated in a shot from an acute angle on the right to give Romford – who occupy the only relegation place – the points and the impetus going into the final weeks.
Romford: Budd, Nzengo, Mvemba, Potter, Okoye, Cossington (Akpele 79), Olukoga, Taylor (Heather 62), Reynolds, Djalo Oso, Okoh (Marfo 88). Unused subs: Gjini, Onokwai.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich United: Wilton, Applegate, Brown (Rose 81), Wones, Eastaugh, Watts, Mackie, Jones, Stewart, Blake (Oliver 54), Jackson (Carey 74). Unused subs: Barker, Johnson.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 6 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 7 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 8 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help