Norwich United slip deeper into trouble at the bottom
- Credit: Archant
Norwich United were beaten in their crucial six-pointer at Romford, a result which leaves the Planters level on points with their opponents with just five games remaining.
The Planters had started on the front foot and just six minutes in Andy Eastaugh rose to meet a left-wing corner but his header was brilliantly tipped over by home keeper Rob Budd.
Romford took the lead in the 21st minute when Carlos Djalo Oso rifled a shot into the far top corner giving Andy Wilton no chance. This seemed to knock the stuffing out of the Planters but they started the second half strongly only to concede when Djalo Oso outran the defence to rifle inside the near post.
Ernest Okoh completed the victory 15 minutes from time when he floated in a shot from an acute angle on the right to give Romford – who occupy the only relegation place – the points and the impetus going into the final weeks.
Romford: Budd, Nzengo, Mvemba, Potter, Okoye, Cossington (Akpele 79), Olukoga, Taylor (Heather 62), Reynolds, Djalo Oso, Okoh (Marfo 88). Unused subs: Gjini, Onokwai.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich United: Wilton, Applegate, Brown (Rose 81), Wones, Eastaugh, Watts, Mackie, Jones, Stewart, Blake (Oliver 54), Jackson (Carey 74). Unused subs: Barker, Johnson.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree