Blake strikes to earn Norwich United valuable point
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Norwich United rescued a precious point two minutes from time when Matt Blake netted from close range to move the Planters six points clear of bottom-placed Romford.
United led at the break through Ben Jones who drove home from 15 yards after Adam Hipperson's shot had come back off the post. The Jammers hit back with Lee Barnard netting straight after the break and completing an 18-minute hat-trick with two strikes from just outside the box in the 56th and 64th minutes.
Hipperson turned unwilling provider again in the 74th minute when his shot came back off the far post and Liam Jackson netted from close range.
The unlucky Hipperson then hit the woodwork for a third time with a diving header.
The Planters sealed an impressive come back when Hipperson's free kick was headed down by Andy Eastaugh and Blake hit home an important equaliser with his third goal in three games.
You may also want to watch:
Planters: Johnson, Barker, Rose, Wones, Eastaugh, Watts, Applegate (Jackson 56), Jones, Stewart (Hitch 90), Blake, Hipperson. Unused subs: Pollock, Mackie, Oliver.
Maldon & Tiptree: Haigh, Shepherd, Clampin, H Brown, Ellul, O'Sullivan, G Brown (McKeown 83), Millar (Henry 74), Walker, Barnard, Akinwande (Kensdale 78). Unused subs: Dailly, Levey.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 8 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Person dies after being hit by train
Referee: James Turner.