Waltham Abbey 1 Norwich United 1: Blake scores again but Planters have to settle for point
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Matt Blake scored his second goal in two games but United had to settle for a point.
Matt Blake scored his second goal in two games but the Planters had to settle for a point at Waltham Abbey.
Blake gave the Planters a seventh-minute lead – Ben Jones' through ball put the striker behind the defence and he coolly slotted beyond keeper Hugo Rossetti.
It looked as though the Planters would maintain their lead into the interval in a quiet half, but just three minutes before the break a ball into the area was not cleared and Mitch Hahn shot home from the right.
The second half saw both sides pushing forward for the win and twice in two minutes Darrelle Russell headed wide at the far post for the hosts. For the Planters Adam Hipperson came closest, first hitting the base of the near post and then drawing an excellent save from Rossetti.
You may also want to watch:
With Romford also drawing at home to AFC Sudbury it leaves the Planters six points above the solitary relegation place with nine games to play.
Waltham Abbey: Rossetti, Brennan, Joynes, Robbins, Rimmell, Daveney, Gordon, Holland, Russell (Ngandu 76), Hahn, Karenteng. Subs not used: Glasgow, Johnson.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
Planters: Wilton, Barker (Hitch 64), Rose, Applegate (Pollock 85), Wones, Watts, Mackie, Jones, Stewart (Jackson 45), Blake, Hipperson. Subs not used: Carroll.
Referee: Craig Kissi. Attendance: 61.