Norwich United 3 Ipswich Wanderers 1 – Planters take full control of title defence
Norwich United have taken another big stride towards retaining the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division title.
The Planters beat lowly Ipswich Wanderers 3-1 at Plantation Park to move nine points clear of nearest rivals Stanway Rovers.
Top scorer Matt Blake had put the hosts in front with his 40th goal of the campaign in all competitions but Ipswich drew level before half-time.
Wanderers went into the game in 15th place but on the back of a four-match unbeaten run. They could not hold out against the leaders though, with James Page and Blake scoring in the second half to seal the win.
Norwich still have another game in hand on Stanway and look well on their way to retaining the title, ahead of a home clash with bottom-of-the-table Whitton United on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Sixth-placed Kirkley & Pakefield travel to Whitton tonight, as they start making up their games in hand on the top five.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 7 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 10 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home