Norwich United 2 Soham Town Rangers 1 – Planters hit back after a double blow
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Despite trailing at the interval and losing Angus Mackie to a straight red the Planters came back to clinch the win with an impressive second half.
Soham led thanks to Luke Brown's 33rd-minute penalty. A long throw caused mayhem in the Planters box and referee Sean Kilbourn pointed to the spot and Brown's spot kick went straight down the middle.
Things got worse for the Planters in the opening seconds of the second period, Mackie losing control and as he went to contest the loose ball he got a touch but caught Lewis Endacott in the process, the man in the middle had no hesitation in dismissing the youngster.
This seemed to fire up the Planters and Tim Henery, Christy Finch and substitute Nathan Stewart all forced good saves from visiting keeper George Lawton. The last of these brought a corner, Jamie Speller found Andy Eastaugh at the far post and he powered home a header to level the scores in the 68th minute.
Four minutes later the hosts were in front, the Planters won the ball in midfield and Finch broke free before firing a right foot shot into the bottom corner to complete the turnaround.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich United: Wilton, Shipley, Brown, Mackie, Eastaugh, Watts, J Jackson (Stewart 46), Wones, Speller, Henery (Mason 68), Finch (L Jackson 84). Unused subs: Jones, Hipperson
Soham Town Rangers: Lawton, MacDonald, Hall, Adamson, Tennant, Endacott (Russell 50), Carden, Horne, Brown, Ramadan, Foxley. Unused subs: Mason, Groves
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
Referee: Sean Kilbourn. Assistants: Mary Harmer & Kenneth Reeves