Norwich United 2 Soham Town Rangers 1 – Planters hit back after a double blow
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Despite trailing at the interval and losing Angus Mackie to a straight red the Planters came back to clinch the win with an impressive second half.
Soham led thanks to Luke Brown's 33rd-minute penalty. A long throw caused mayhem in the Planters box and referee Sean Kilbourn pointed to the spot and Brown's spot kick went straight down the middle.
Things got worse for the Planters in the opening seconds of the second period, Mackie losing control and as he went to contest the loose ball he got a touch but caught Lewis Endacott in the process, the man in the middle had no hesitation in dismissing the youngster.
This seemed to fire up the Planters and Tim Henery, Christy Finch and substitute Nathan Stewart all forced good saves from visiting keeper George Lawton. The last of these brought a corner, Jamie Speller found Andy Eastaugh at the far post and he powered home a header to level the scores in the 68th minute.
Four minutes later the hosts were in front, the Planters won the ball in midfield and Finch broke free before firing a right foot shot into the bottom corner to complete the turnaround.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich United: Wilton, Shipley, Brown, Mackie, Eastaugh, Watts, J Jackson (Stewart 46), Wones, Speller, Henery (Mason 68), Finch (L Jackson 84). Unused subs: Jones, Hipperson
Soham Town Rangers: Lawton, MacDonald, Hall, Adamson, Tennant, Endacott (Russell 50), Carden, Horne, Brown, Ramadan, Foxley. Unused subs: Mason, Groves
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
Referee: Sean Kilbourn. Assistants: Mary Harmer & Kenneth Reeves