Norwich United 2 Grays Athletic 2: Planters twice come from behind to earn share of spoils
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Norwich United twice came from behind to share the spoils against a strong and determined Grays Athletic.
The Planters trailed at the interval after a first half of few chances, Grays scoring from the spot when Kieran Bishop picked himself up to roll the ball home after 37 minutes.
The Planters were awarded a penalty 11 minutes after the break for a handball against Stanley Muguo, but Liam Jackson saw his spot kick well saved by Lamar Johnson.
Eight minutes later Nathan Stewart squeezed a ball into Ben Jones who was brought down, this time Adam Hipperson stepped up and hit home from the spot.
Parity didn't last long however and three minutes later Joao Carlos capitalised on a Sam Applegate slip and lifted the ball over Andy Wilton.
You may also want to watch:
The Planters were level again three minutes later when Hipperson's deep corner found Stewart and he struck a sublime volley back across the face of goal and inside the far post.
Norwich United: Wilton, Applegate, Rose, Wones, Barker, Watts, Jones, Pollock (Mackie 46), Jackson (Carroll 87), Henery (Stewart 53), Hipperson. Unused subs: Hitch, Eastaugh.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 3 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 4 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 5 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 6 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 7 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 8 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 9 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 10 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
Grays Athletic: Johnson, Mahal, Folkes, Finneran, Muguo, Halle, Oli (Cogan 60), Cole, Bishop, Carlos, Wade. Unused subs: Stuart, Simmonds, Thompson, Gogo-Ibiama.
Referee: Paul Quick. Assistants: Bartosz Potrowski & Mark Ames.