Norwich United 1 Barking 1: Planters make it three matches unbeaten at home
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Norwich United made it three home games unbeaten but they will be rueing missed first half chances as they failed to hold onto their interval lead against Barking.
Adam Hipperson and Nathan Stewart had both been denied before the Planters took a deserved lead in the 31st minute. Adam Probert's ball from deep on the right found its way to Hipperson at the far post and he made no mistake, firing home from an acute angle. Hipperson had a goal chalked off for offside whilst Alan Taylor blazed a shot over for the visitors.
Barking were much more determined after the break and Theo Ola and Dan Gilchrist had gone close before they equalised on 61 minutes, Jay Knight shooting home from close range.
Barking thought they had stolen it late on but a foul had already been awarded while Hipperson's injury time shot drew an important block by goalkeeper Ollie Bowles.
Norwich United: Wilton, Probert, Brown, Wones, Eastaugh, Watts, Henery, Pollock, Hipperson, Stewart (Jones 65), Sanusi. Unused subs: Lapite, Mokake.
You may also want to watch:
Barking: Bowles, Tarbard, Abiola, O'Brien, Jaffa, Da Cruz, Taylor (Da Silva 90), Levett, Knight (Marfo 83), Gilchrist, Ola. Unused subs: Hughes-Mason, Komla-Ferguson, Kadima.
Referee: George Byrne. Assistants: Jason Ding & Lewis Venables.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car