Norwich United 1 Barking 1: Planters make it three matches unbeaten at home
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Norwich United made it three home games unbeaten but they will be rueing missed first half chances as they failed to hold onto their interval lead against Barking.
Adam Hipperson and Nathan Stewart had both been denied before the Planters took a deserved lead in the 31st minute. Adam Probert's ball from deep on the right found its way to Hipperson at the far post and he made no mistake, firing home from an acute angle. Hipperson had a goal chalked off for offside whilst Alan Taylor blazed a shot over for the visitors.
Barking were much more determined after the break and Theo Ola and Dan Gilchrist had gone close before they equalised on 61 minutes, Jay Knight shooting home from close range.
Barking thought they had stolen it late on but a foul had already been awarded while Hipperson's injury time shot drew an important block by goalkeeper Ollie Bowles.
Norwich United: Wilton, Probert, Brown, Wones, Eastaugh, Watts, Henery, Pollock, Hipperson, Stewart (Jones 65), Sanusi. Unused subs: Lapite, Mokake.
You may also want to watch:
Barking: Bowles, Tarbard, Abiola, O'Brien, Jaffa, Da Cruz, Taylor (Da Silva 90), Levett, Knight (Marfo 83), Gilchrist, Ola. Unused subs: Hughes-Mason, Komla-Ferguson, Kadima.
Referee: George Byrne. Assistants: Jason Ding & Lewis Venables.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water