Norwich United 0 Kirkley & Pakefield 0 – Planters survive shoot-out scare to book final place
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Norwich United stayed on course for a treble last night after seeing off Kirkley and Pakefield in a penalty shoot-out in the semi-finals of the Thurlow Nunn League Cup.
The runaway Premier Division leaders were given a tough examination by the Royals at Plantation Park, and the game finished goalless after 90 minutes.
It went straight to spot-kicks and even that was close, with the hosts edging home 7-6, the decisive moment coming when Jordan Haverson blasted over.
Norwich are looking to retain the Premier Division title and League Challenge Cup but also face Dereham Town in the Norfolk Senior Cup final at Carrow Road on Friday, May 13.
Elsewhere, in the First Division, Diss Town recovered from conceding first to record a 2-1 win at AFC Sudbury Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Gilbert opened the scoring for the hosts on 17 minutes but the Tangerines equalised just before the break through Danny Self and clinched all three points when Kyle Downes fired home in the 70th minute.
King's Lynn Reserves were held to a goalless draw by Debenham at The Walks while Dereham Town Reserves also shared the spoils after a 3-3 home draw with Needham Market Reserves.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison