Norwich United 0 Kirkley & Pakefield 0 – Planters survive shoot-out scare to book final place
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Norwich United stayed on course for a treble last night after seeing off Kirkley and Pakefield in a penalty shoot-out in the semi-finals of the Thurlow Nunn League Cup.
The runaway Premier Division leaders were given a tough examination by the Royals at Plantation Park, and the game finished goalless after 90 minutes.
It went straight to spot-kicks and even that was close, with the hosts edging home 7-6, the decisive moment coming when Jordan Haverson blasted over.
Norwich are looking to retain the Premier Division title and League Challenge Cup but also face Dereham Town in the Norfolk Senior Cup final at Carrow Road on Friday, May 13.
Elsewhere, in the First Division, Diss Town recovered from conceding first to record a 2-1 win at AFC Sudbury Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Gilbert opened the scoring for the hosts on 17 minutes but the Tangerines equalised just before the break through Danny Self and clinched all three points when Kyle Downes fired home in the 70th minute.
King's Lynn Reserves were held to a goalless draw by Debenham at The Walks while Dereham Town Reserves also shared the spoils after a 3-3 home draw with Needham Market Reserves.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67