Norwich to honour their ex-president
Norwich celebrate the annual Harvey Back to Norwich Day tomorrow in honour of the late Alan Harvey (Ziggy), one of the club's most popular presidents.
In his day he was also a formidable second row forward. As many as 50 past players will be in attendance at lunch before the game against Newmarket with several turning out for an old lags XV in the morning against the club's A team.
For the Newmarket game coach Simon Hill has kept faith with the side that performed so well in the second half against Stowmarket last week.
Tom Whiskin will start in the front row in place of the injured Tom Williams while Jon Coltman slots into the back row with Matt Cartwright, Jordy Walker and Dan Horslen on the bench. The Lions are away to Beccles II.
Norwich will be looking to consolidate their fourth position in London 3NE with just one match to be played after tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
At the top of the table champions Holt will be aiming to put one over their nearest challengers Stowmarket at High Kelling.
The Owls, who will also be keen to show that last week's surprise defeat at Wanstead was no more than a temporary aberration, are protecting a proud unbeaten home run stretching back 18 months.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner